Voltage issues pro 2

I have a ring doorbell pro 2 which has been hardwired using the new black DIR which came with the doorbell.

The voltage keeps on dropping and is so inconsistent which is having an impact on the audio on the outside. I’ve had to hard reset the doorbell to get the audio working as i could not hear any sound coming from the outside. Iv had the doorbell for just over a month.

Can you help with this please

Hi there, @ThomasRees! It sounds like your observation and diagnosis is pretty accurate. While audio concerns can be related to wifi connection, power can certainly be a factor in the operation of your Video Doorbell Pro.

Please ensure the Pro Power Kit is installed at your chime kit, per the instructions, and that the existing power supply rating is between 16-24 VAC/24VDC, 10-40VA max, 50/60Hz.

You can also find power accessories, such as a Plug-In Adapter or Ring Transformer, at Ring.com. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.

The pro power kit was not supplied when I purchased the doorbell, is this something that I have to purchase separately?

My voltage doesn’t make it above 15VAC most of the time. Any reason why this would be the case when I have installed the DIR transformer which came with the doorbell?

Tom :slight_smile:

Thank you for clarifying, @ThomasRees! It sounds like you might be in the UK region given the transformer type you are describing, and not receiving the Pro Power Kit. If this is the case, then that is correct, no Pro Power Kit is needed for your install. Also, the DIR transformer that was included should provide enough power as long as there is not resistance in voltage.

Some variables that can cause resistance in power is old wiring, too thin of wiring, using spliced cat5 or speaker wire, or too long of a wire run (in some cases). As regions that use the DIR transformer also often operate on high voltage mains, we advise consulting with a qualified electrician for further power troubleshooting.

1 Like