Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Voice Notifications on iPhone
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
Is there a way of setting my iPhone 13 Pro so I can hear the voice notifications when the phone is locked, I can only hear them when the phone is unlocked?

17-09-2023 02:49:40

Responses (3)

J
Hi @user52241. I have an iPhone as well, and when my phone is locked, I get notifications from the Ring app with sound, so it is capable of doing this. I would double-check your notification settings on your phone for the Ring app. There is an option that says "Lock Screen" that should be toggled on. I would also recommend making sure your phone and Ring app are up-to-date with the latest updates. Try turning your phone off and back on as well to see if it helps. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406) a call for further assistance.

18-09-2023 07:33:43

G

@user52241 do you have an Apple Watch?
If yes, then by default you would only receive notifications on your Watch when your iPhone screen is locked.

What you could do is turning off the notifications mirroring for the Ring app in your Apple Watch settings.
Once I’ve done it my iPhone started ringing and showing Ring notifications with the screen locked, with no notifications triggered on my Apple Watch anymore - which IMHO are useless anyway since you can’t really take actions from your Watch other than acknowledging the notifications.

24-01-2024 11:17:01

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

23-02-2024 11:17:53

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User