Viewing on Chrome

I keep getting this when I try to view a video on Chrome “Sorry, we had trouble loading your event. Please refresh the page to try again.” I’ve done this several times. I noticed I can see them from May 25th and prior, but nothing from May 26 forward. Did something change? Thank you

Sorry to hear about this, @mpistolarides! Please ensure there is not a vpn enabled on the device you are using, as well as confirm your Protect Plan subscription is active. Try also viewing these from the mobile Ring app. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I don’t think there is a VPN enabled on the device. Nothing has changed

The app on phone works. I want to see them on a pc.

@mpistolarides What about a different browser, does that work?

nope same thing in IE, Chrome & edge

@mpistolarides Can you try from another computer to rule out something on that machine. Also as a longshot give firefox a try. IE is ancient and Chrome and Edge are basically the same thing now under the skin.

Same thing. It’s weird. I can view stuff from 5/10 and prior, but not 5/11 on

Hi @mpistolarides. We’re sorry to hear this concern is persisting. As videos are playing in your mobile Ring app, they should certainly be playable via Ring.com on a web browser. If there is not a vpn enabled, and a web browser on another mobile device is yielding the same results, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

@mpistolarides What about trying from the computer on a different internet connection. Maybe a friends house or create a hotspot on your phone. That will help to rule out anything on your internet connection causing it.

1 Like