View snapshots on Windows 10 laptop

Is there a way to view captured snapshots on a Windows 10 laptop using either the web browser or the ring app from the Microsoft store?

Good question, @Mikeedye! The Snapshot Capture feature takes still images at certain time intervals and stores them on your Timeline for viewing. You can certainly access these Snapshots on any device which allows the Ring app and/ or access to your Ring app timeline. Snapshots are only saved for seven days before being automatically deleted, however, you are able to download your Snapshot images from your Ring app to save externally. Feel free to check out our help center article about this Snapshot feature for more information. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Marley. @Mikeedye 's question was; ā€œIs there a way to view captured snapshots on a Windows 10 laptopā€¦ā€ The help center article you referenced has zero content about Windows 10. The only references to ā€œviewingā€ mention the deviceā€™s ā€œevent timelineā€.

Perhaps another way to ask the same question is; Can a Ring deviceā€™s ā€œevent timelineā€ be viewed using the Windows 10 Ring app? Based on my experience with the W10 desktop app I donā€™t think itā€™s possible, I can only view motion detected history and live view. Can you confirm? Are there plans to add this feature to the W10 app? Thanks.

Apparently RING does not consider a Windows computer a device. Why is the Windows App so featureless?
The History does not allow us to see the timeline as I can on my DEVICE know as an iPhone.
We cannot setup a Ring Camera from a Windows computer.
We cannot even get a proper status of the camera which is consistent. Looking at the Device and select the camera. The Live View button is disabled because my Wi-Fi disconnected the device, but if I click on the Settings the Status is Online.

Can we put some more effect into the Windows App please and at least get some of the features available to ā€˜ANY DEVICEā€™ on our COMPUTER?

Thanks

1 Like

Looking for the same thing. The snapshots or just the event timeline on a larger screen. Found this article, then then this community page.

Doesnā€™t make any sense to me that the event timeline is an in app feature only. It is online, I should be able to see if on the web browser of my computer.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.