Videodoorbell2 no notifications in app

I get no notifications alert from doorbell. I get from my 2 other camera. It’s showing motion in history but no alert on phone.

Hi there, @Andrevj! Thank you for confirming the motion event recording is available. As it sounds like the event is being captured the notification should certainly work. I recommend double checking your motion alert and notification settings in the Ring app. Motion Scheduling can prevent alerts while allowing motion events to still record. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hello. I have none motion scheduled enabled. I have checked all settings. Still not working

Thanks for the update on this, @Andrevj! Try disabling people only mode, via the steps in our help center article , to see if motion will notify. Then re-enable People Only Mode.

If motion notifications are still not being received despite trying the above steps and checking all motion settings, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here . We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.