VideoDB2 hung in inoperable state

My V DB2 went offline a couple of days ago. Yesterday I did a factory reset and got the device connected and back online. After the reset it was normal recorded motion events as expected as well as live mode. This morning I checked the ring app on my phone and it showed the Device as online but it was not recording any motion and I could not connect via live. When invoking live on the app I receive a failed to connect message with the ony option of reconnecting again which continually fails. I have rang the doorbell pushbutton and it never connects to the cloud/server or app however it does ring the conventional bell. I checked my network controller software dashboard and the ring is not showing as connected even after factor resets. The app on the phone always says it is online so it never goes into the setup mode. Not sure on how to get things back to a setup/configure mode at this point. Nothing seems to change the state I am stuck in. Seems like i am missing a server side interogation message to challenge the online state it thinks it is in. Any suggestions?

Hey @DrSonar. Thank you for detailing your experience with your Ring Video Doorbell 2 as well as what troubleshooting steps you have preformed to try to get it functional. At this time, since you have covered all troubleshooting steps you can on your end, it would be best to reach out to our support team to take a deeper look into this to see why the device is hung up in being unresponsive.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes, as your answer may help another neighbor with a similiar concern! :slight_smile: