Video Settings in the app

Hello all,

I’m the main account holder using a iPhone 11 running the Ring app version 5.21.0. I have the Ring Doorbell 2.

In the ‘Dashboard’, I click the 3 dots in the upper right corner on the Front Door. I click ‘Settings’. Then I click ‘Device Settings’. Only I have the ‘Video Settings’ in the next screen. My wife and son are running the same version but don’t have the ‘Video Settings’ options.

In there, there is a option to ‘Tap Camera View for Live View’ that we all want. We are just trying to save some steps getting to Live View.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Douglas Strinz

Coeur d’ Alene, ID

Only the owner (you) can change the video settings. People you share it with do not have the complete set of comtrols like the owner.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a concept yet of a co-owner - but they shouldreally add that. It’s pretty obvious that a husband and wife would want to be co-owners and see all of the same settings.

That’s weird, something like this particular setting should be app specific and open to all users.

Thank you for your help

Hi @Freshmixture! You are the only one that is able to see these settings as these are settings specific to the owner, and shared users cannot make these changes/see these settings. Although, whatever settings you save for the device’s settings will save for all other shared users. In addition, if you’re looking for faster Live View times, I recommend that everyone in the family downloads and checks out our Rapid Ring app.