Video recordings seem to skip

I have been having an issue lately for at least a week with almost every video recorded with my front camera. For instance, a car starts coming down my street I see the car then it disappears and a few seconds later I see the car coming down the block again. Sometimes this happens twice and sometimes it happens 3 times. I turned the power off to the camera and back on to reboot and it didn’t fix the issue. I tried both the android app and the windows app to make sure it wasn’t an app issue. Firmware says up to date.
Sometimes although rare it won’t record an event either. I don’t have modes enabled and I have the motion settings one click from max.

Hi there, @rwheelwright! A skipped frame in a video recording is often related to connection variables. In addition to the steps you’ve covered, I recommend also checking your RSSI, or wifi signal strength, in the Ring app. It is also worth considering the number of devices you have connected total and your current router or internet service provider capabilities/ resources. This is best checked with your provider of course. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Marley, this just started happening recently ~the last 2 to 3 weeks. I haven’t had this problem prior. My cameras are connected to my 2.4GHz band and there isn’t much else on that band. I have a 1Gb connection and the device that is having the problem says RSSI - 47 and is green and my router is is new. Had it for about 5 months and everything seems to be working fine. I have rebooted the camera and I have also rebooted the router. For reference, the device NOT having the issue says RSSI - 54. As for the video, I’m not exactly sure it is skipping frames as opposed to repeating the video 2 to 3 times? Does that make sense?

This exact thing has been happening to me as well. I have five cameras and it happens with all of them. I’m sure it’s a problem with Ring and they will quietly fix the problem eventually.

Thank you for confirming this information, @rwheelwright! Those video symptoms definitely seem odd, especially if this is only happening with recordings and not live videos. Just to confirm, this also happens regardless of which mobile device or web browser is being used to review recordings?