Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
Video Recording Length: Auto
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but seems we have a new option pushed to our cameras. I keep all of my cams set to record for 90 seconds. I noticed this morning my recorded videos had random lengths anywhere from 15 or so seconds up to 25 and 40 seconds. No events were missed, and everything that recorded did so fine, but several were not anywhere near the 90 second length I had it set to. Almost all of my cameras have a new "**Auto**" option in the Ring app for *Video Recording Length* under **Device Settings-Video Settings**. Several of my cameras were also automatically changed from my 90 second setting to Auto, causing the shorter recording times. My 3rd Gen Stickup cams (in wired mode) do not show this Auto option. All of my cameras are wired so I can't speak to battery devices. So if your videos are significantly shorter in length, check the above setting and turn off the toggle for Auto and you'll again be able to select your recording length.

20-03-2023 02:23:44

Responses (4)

U
@Caitlyn_Ring @5150Joel So Ring - where is the response to this? The same thing happened to me. Randomly, Ring decided apparently they were going to not only push out the "auto" option for video recording time, but also change peoples' settings to this "auto" option. Really? You are changing out setting without even notifying us? This is a security issue. What if I was robbed and my recording didn't sufficiently capture what I needed because Ring decided to change my setting without my permission or knowledge? @Caitlyn_Ring care to respond to this?

04-05-2023 07:36:43

T
Hi @user44266. I suggest following up with our support team on this concern. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

08-05-2023 03:55:26

C
A post was merged into an existing topic: [Video Recording Length - Help please](/t/video-recording-length-help-please/199994/6)

09-05-2023 04:54:01

C
Hi neighbors. Recently, the Auto Video Recording Length (Auto-VRL) feature was added to the Ring app. This feature adjusts the recording duration and delivers only video clips that contain motion. With the Auto feature toggled on, Ring devices will continue to record when motion is detected in the camera’s field of view, but will stop when the motion ends. The Auto Video Recording Length feature is applicable to the below eligible Ring devices and requires a Ring Protect Basic, Plus, or Pro subscription. * Ring Video Doorbell Elite * Ring Video Doorbell Pro * Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 * Ring Stickup Cam Wired and Elite * Ring Indoor Cam * Ring Floodlight Cam * Ring Floodlight Cam Pro Wired * Ring Spotlight Cam Wired * Ring Spotlight Cam Plus Wired * Ring Spotlight Cam Pro Wired If you'd prefer to not use the Auto feature, this can be toggled off under Device Settings > Video Settings > Video Recording Length. If you're unable to adjust this setting, or it's not working as expected, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406) for further assistance.

09-05-2023 04:57:34

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

08-06-2023 04:58:03

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User