Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
O
Video processing, please wait
live-view
troubleshooting
hardwired-battery-video-doorbell
Everytime our doorbells rang, the message 'Video processing, please wait' came up - and for so long that the visitors had given up before I could response. It then came to my mind that the problem had been there since the new feature History Timeline was implemented. After deselecting this, the video now answers almost immediately when answering the doorbell. Is that a known problem?

09-09-2019 09:40:57

Responses (9)

M
Hey @OHA , the Timeline feature should not effect Live View connection. Have you tried reinstalling the application as well? If not, I recommend testing that to see if video connects with the Timeline feature on afterwards. If this concern persists, please confirm what type of mobile device(s) is exhibiting these symptoms. Thank you!

09-09-2019 11:05:20

O
Sorry, I did what you suggested - but stille the same problem/solution My devices are iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6 and iPhone SE But I'm not actually missing the 'Time line' May I suggest that you add alerts saying wich doorbell is reacting? In my case it would be extremely nice if it could be something like ...Frontdoor.. and ..Backdoor.., so I don't have to remember which alert goes to a specific door. Thanks Ole, Denmark

10-09-2019 03:17:08

M
Sorry to hear this concern is persisting. This is definitely an odd one, I recommend calling in to our support team for more in depth troubleshooting. Great idea for the alert tones! There is an alert tone in the app that will say what type of device is notifying, but not the name of the device as you requested. Additionally, if you have an Alexa enabled device, there should be some available routines to announce activity at a specific device by name. In the meantime, consider this request shared with the team. :)

10-09-2019 10:52:13

T
Just chiming in to say I'm having the exact same problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program multiple times. It takes an insane amount of time to view videos. I've had videos that were taken well over an hour ago fail to load and then state "Video is Processing". This is true for videos that were recorded several days earlier, even ones that I've already watched. It's like this on my home wifi, work wifi, cell, iPhone, and iPad.

15-11-2019 09:11:44

K
Same problem, removed, reinstalled!!! Still not working since last "improvements"!

06-04-2020 06:11:54

O
I haven't had the problem yet after I turned off the Event History Timeline

06-04-2020 06:30:34

A
I can never catch any live video. Notification slow, and recording takes several minutes to process. It is useless technically and I’d better just go answer the door myself coming down from second floor would be faster than ring

14-04-2020 03:41:28

M
Hi there, neighbors. If you've followed all the steps in our Live View Troubleshooting article, and confirmed that your RSSI is optimal as shown in our [Community post](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229), your live view should work as intended. Try using the Rapid Ring app, designed for the quickest access to live view, or even test on another mobile device, (if available). If this concern persists despite checking the above variables, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360041597471) to see how to contact support.

15-02-2021 07:43:40

C
Marley: You have about thirty complants here. Why don't YOU call and let them know there is a problem.

08-05-2021 07:07:16

B
This is not a “WIFI” problem. This is a “RING” problem. I have amazing wi fi connectivity and brand new devices with current updates and have the same problem. I will be looking for new cameras all around and doorbell as well if RING doesn’t fix this soon. They will be going out of business soon if their response to all these complaints is to blame it on everyone’s WiFi. Pathetic

19-05-2021 03:54:57

K
I have the same issue with the "video processing" - especially if I access the application from a different network than the Ring. I will try turning off the timeline history but that seems like a very poor solution. I use that view often (except when all the videos are processing...)

17-06-2021 09:32:14

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User