Video History erased on Upgrading!

We just Updated today to the Ring Plan and the video history from the Trial was erased!! I am upset since we had the doorbell go off at 2:40am. The Ring Customer Service told me to uninstall and reinstall the app and then there was no historical videos. Very disappointing. Customer Service is not good and clearly based in Asia… ugh

Sorry to hear about this, @Tedlucky. Removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device should not remove any videos, as saved videos are stored by account rather than in the app. As long as the trial did not lapse or Ring device was not removed for the account, the videos should be saved on your account, accessible either by Ring app or when logged in at Ring.com. Check out our help center article for more information on changing and managing your subscription plans. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Same thing happened to me. So the videos are gone?! When I went to look at a video from the middle of the night, I received notification that I needed to upgrade and so I did. So now the video I needed to see is gone! It almost seems like the video was not real and it only appeared to make me upgrade. If I did not delete the video, I find it hard to believe that the video is gone. Maybe I need to contact my lawyer to dig into this, just does not seem right.

Hi @aweless1. The Ring app does not generate videos in your Event History Timeline to prompt you into the Ring Protect Plan Subscription. If you have a period in time where there is a lapse in coverage, any events that occur during that time will not be saved. They will only be saved once the Ring Protect Plan is active. With a Ring Protect Plan, it is possible to still get notifications about motion/doorbell pushes, but only Live View is available for those events. I hope this helps!

I am receiving a new device because their Doorbell 3 failed. I paid for my subscription plan in Oct 2021. When I replace it, they tell me I will lose all my videos. Since I pay to have them store the videos on their servers, why would I lose them? You are replacing or upgrading a client’s hardware to the same account; they shouldn’t lose the videos that they are paying for. Seems like a rookie technology mistake to me. So if I will lose my videos, they are not the right company to secure your business or home. ADT offers the same thing, and when you change out the hardware, they change the product on the account, and your storage is still there. Maybe RING should get out of home security and become a novelty item instead.