Video freezes when recording

This month I purchased a Ring Doorbell Pro 2. I wired it directly to the transformer. The app shows power being good and ranges from 21 – 22 volts. I purchased a Ring Chime and connected both to my WIFI. The doorbell had an RSSI of -65 – - 67 and the Chime an RSSI of -60 – -61.
I had some freezing of the recorded video, not every time but often. If I replay the video later it still has the same freezing so I assumed that it was on record. I installed a WIFI repeater and that brought up the RSSI on the doorbell to -48 - -49. I am still having freezes on video, they seem to be about 2 – 5 seconds. An example is: Ring #AlwaysHome
I have completed a power down reset also.
Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @KGKessler. Would you mind sharing an example of this video freezing? When attaching this video, you will need first gather the share link of the video. You can do this by going into the Event History in your Ring App and choosing to share it via email. From there, copy the link that is generated and paste the link in the body of your post. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. I’d be happy to offer some helpful suggestions once I have a better idea of what you’re experiencing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem. Would like to hear what the solution is.

Hi @The-ambroses. I have responded to your post here.

Im also having the same problem. Tried all the troubleshooting and rssi value is good and showing as green. This is very annoying. Any help please. Thanks

@Justin_Ring @Caitlyn_Ring ?

Hi @imranA. In order to get the assistance you need, we need some kind of information. For instance, we need to know the specific model doorbell you have and what the actual RSSI value is. It would also help to know if you are connected to a 2.4GHz network or a 5GHz network. The very best thing to share is a video of this happening. Conveniently, there is a share button located in the Ring app! You can copy the link and share it to the Ring community. Try creating a new post with the relevant information mentioned above, and I’m sure we can work together to get your doorbell working as expected.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.