Video Doorbell won't reconnect to wifi

Hi, I have a Ring video doorbell 2nd gen 2020 release and it worked fine for the first year or so after I bought it. More recently, I noticed the wifi connection was so poor that it would go offline a lot so I decided to pull it down and do a reconnect. However, every time I initiate the reconnect process in the Ring App via my phone (Reconnect to Wi-Fi) and am asked to join the temporary ring network during setup, I keep getting connection failed. It just refuses to connect.

I’m actually having the same problem with my Ring Stick Up Cam outdoors. I know it’s not a problem with my wifi because all of my other devices are working. I even brought the cameras inside right next to the router in case there was any interference causing the problem, and they still won’t connect.

This is so frustrating. Any idea as to how to solve this? Appreciate of any and all advice!

Hi @user22001. Try reviewing the troubleshooting steps in our Help Center article here, which cover what you can try when the setup process in the Ring app isn’t working. Usually trying to complete the setup on a different smartphone or tablet works when you run into an error like this. If none of the suggestions in that article help, try resetting your Ring devices by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, then attempt the setup process again. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: