Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
D
User Solution
Video Doorbell Pro suddenly broken
hardwired-video-doorbell
connectivity
troubleshooting

Hello,

My Ring Video Doorbell Pro (roughly 5 years old) suddenly does not connect to the network and has exhibited a few strange symptoms, and I’m having trouble figuring out what to troubleshoot next.

Symptoms:

• iOS app Device Health: Status Offline, Last Reported Signal Strength 31
  • Error code: P1-78
  • When ringing the doorbell, there is roughly a 25 second delay between pressing the button and hearing the house’s built-in doorbell noise. The Ring doorbell does not make its Ring specific noise and no mobile notification is triggered.
  • When I follow the steps to reconnect the device to wifi, I remove the faceplate and press the side button to try to get the “spinning white light”. I press the button, white light is NOT spinning, and the App asks what the doorbell is doing (3 choices): “Spinning White”, “Flashing Blue”, and “Nothing”. The doorbell has a solid white light on. It’s definitely not doing “Nothing” because the suggestion for “Nothing” is that the doorbell doesn’t have power, but it clearly does have power as the light is on, and also there is periodically a voice (once per minute?) saying the door is attempting setup.

What is wrong with our doorbell? Is it broken beyond repair?

31-12-2023 05:57:16

Responses (1)

J

Hi @DiamondsAreForeverLol. If your Pro is no longer entering setup mode, try rebooting it by pressing and holding the setup button on it for 20–25 seconds. You can also power cycle it by shutting the power off on it for a few minutes and powering it back on to see if it helps. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

02-01-2024 04:50:35

F

I have the same basic problem with suddenly no doorbell connection since 1/2/24 though wifi is fine and other devices are working. It is a hardwired pro and getting power. Short pressing the side button did nothing. Long pressing made the blue light flash four times then pause and repeat, never filling the circle and won’t stop blinking blue. I saw there was an update for the app. I did that and nothing changed. I can’t find a power on/off option on the doorbell. How do I power it down or get it to stop blinking? I can’t even get to a point to try and connect it to another wifi option.

20-01-2024 03:00:14

T

Hi @FrustratedForSure. To power the doorbell off, you’ll need to flip the circuit breaker it’s connected to. I suggest leaving it off for at least 10 minutes, then attempting to reconnect it.

22-01-2024 05:39:37

U

Hi all, this may have been addressed previously but need help

All of a sudden after 4 years, my wired ring door bell pro has lost power. I have check the device through the app and it says the transformer voltage is good and the signal strength is RSSI-52.

I have other ring products which are working perfectly and I have no issues with wifi

Is there anything else I can check or is time to replace ?

10-05-2024 05:09:24

C

Hi @user82067. I’m happy to summarize the troubleshooting steps shared in this thread. When your Doorbell Pro loses power, you can try the following:

• Make sure there is sufficient power by referencing our hardwiring guide here. Loose or fraying wires can cause the Doorbell Pro to lose power.
  • Power cycle the Doorbell by shutting off power at the breaker for about 3 minutes. Turn the power back on at the breaker and check the Doorbell.
  • Reset the Doorbell by holding down the setup button underneath the faceplate for 20 seconds. Once the reset is done, try walking through a new setup in the Ring app with the steps under Set Up a Device.

If you’ve tried all of the above, and the Doorbell is still unresponsive, please follow up with our support team for further assistance. You can also get in touch on Facebook @Ring by sending a private message with a few details about your concern.

10-05-2024 09:08:15

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User