Video Doorbell Pro showing offline but working fine

My RVDP is working (it detects people, records videos of them, alerts me on my iphone). My router shows it as a connected device at 192.168.1.3. The last reported WiFi strength was RSSI = -43.

But it shows up as “offline” in the Ring app v 5.37.0 and I cannot do a Live view. It comes on-line briefly when it detects people walking in front of my house, but disconnects after that.

This problem seems to have started after the last iOS app update.

Any advice?

Hi @Aloke. Have you made sure both the Ring App and your phone’s OS are fully updated? Additionally, does the Live View work on a different smartphone or tablet, or is it only your iPhone that this concern occurs on?

Yes. Phone is running iOS14.4.1. Ring app is 5.37.0. The devices firmware are up to date (per the app).

The Ring app (ver 5.37.0) on my iPad, also running iOS 14.4.1 behaves the same.

I haven’t tried any other device. I can try the Windows app and let you know.

Same thing in Windows 10 Ring app.

By the way, the “showing disconnected but otherwise functional” Video Doorbell Pro is taking snapshots every 30 seconds (as expected) as well.

I can access all recordings and snapshots on my iPhone when the device “wakes up” when someone walks by. It records the video and stays connected for about a minute. It then shows as disconnected in all my smartphones and iPad and PC.

Until someone else walks by. Then it does its thing correctly.

This is a recent phenomena after the Ring app update or iOS update (I don’t have a log of when exactly this started… could be either of those things that started this behavior).

@Aloke Thank you for sharing that information. It shouldn’t be reporting as offline in the Ring App considering it’s working properly otherwise. One more troubleshooting step I would recommend is to reset the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, you’ll just need to set it back up in the Ring App using the steps under Set Up a Device.

If this problem still persists after trying that, I’d recommend following up with our support team so they can take a look into this. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

The problem “fixed itself” and the device is no longer showing offline.
I did nothing to the device or my network. Scouts promise.

There was a Ring iOS app update recently, but the problem fixed itself a day or two before the app update.

I have a different problem now (unplayable videos from a Spotlight Cam Battery) discussed n a a different thread …