Video Doorbell Pro integration to unlock existing electric lock on the door

Hello,

My house has an existing intercom system with a buzz-in button that releases the front gate electric lock to let people in.

I’m planning to install Video Doorbell Pro plus Floodlight Cam and I would like to have an option to unlock this gate right from the Ring iOS app interface.

What options do I have to implement that? I have access to the buzz-in button wires and I can install a relay to shorten this circuit that releases the door. Is it possible to integrate sonoff with Ring app to have an open button?

1 Like

I’ll also appreciate any guidance that brings light to this case.

I would also like some information on how to do this if possible…

Hi neighbors! At this time this is not a compatible device with the Doorbell Pro/ Ring app. We’ve seen many neighbors manage to operate old chime kits and intercoms with their Doorbell Pro, but due to the nature of wiring, it often does not supply to proper power to the Pro or chime kit. Check out our chime kit compatibility list for an idea of what chimes work with the Pro.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile: