Video doorbell pro (gen 1) suddenly stopped connecting to WIFI and wont enter setup - still has power

My video doorbell pro (gen 1) has been working fine since November 2019 - so about 1.5 years.
Tonight it dropped off my WIFI randomly. Power still there - button lights up, bell sounds when you push the button but no connection to WIFI, and so suddenly video gone, as well as announcements to all my alexa devices. I cannot make it enter setup, even after holding the orange button down for 30 seconds to attempt a hard reset.

I wonder if it crashed during an attempted firmware update? But a hard reset should sort that out. No idea really. The pattern it is making (spin once, dull pulse 14 or 15 times, then solid white) is not documented publically anywhere. That pattern must mean something to someone - because someone programmed it…why is RING not saying anything? This topic is massive on the community. IS THERE A FIX or is the unit fried? I am running direct power to my ring doorbell pro via a RING supplied transformer - very simple setup. The distance is about 3 metres.

Hi there, @MarkH1! Whenever a Ring device falls offline, the best things to check first are wifi and power variables. The light indicators you observed on your Video doorbell Pro could mean a few things such as a reconnection attempt, power charging up in the Doorbell Pro, setup mode, or even an update. Ensuring for an optimal wifi signal will help greatly with updates, remaining online, or even automatically reconnecting if it were to fall offline.

Thank you for confirming that there is power reaching your Doorbell Pro. This is a great start. Check out this hardwiring checklist I put together for the Doorbell Pro. This will help you determine if your Doorbell Pro is still receiving a sufficient amount of power to operate fully.

If the above does not help you to resolve this concern, the best next step will be to reach out to our support team for more in-depth assistance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I have this exact same issue with my Doorbell Pro I bought in Dec of 19. I noticed it was offline a couple of days ago and looking back it actually went offline around the same times your did. I’ve replaced the transformer trying to troubleshoot even though I test 20v at the transformer and at the doorbell itself. It seems to be stuck in some sort of boot loop. The light turns white and slowly pulses clockwise and then the entire thing turns solid white and slowly pulses like that for a short time and then turns solid white and stays that way for a minute and then starts over.

Same issue here @klutch14u - did yours get resolved?

I have the same issue as well???