Video doorbell pro 2 overheating

Ordered the pro 2. Felt it was very hot. Called tech support and the temp read 132°. They sent a replacement and that one was 129°. Ring said they wouldn’t send me another replacement but I can return for a refund. I decided to buy a 3rd just to see if the 2 they sent was coincidently defective. The 3rd one went up to 136°. All 3 are overheating. Now I’m waiting for a security team to call in the next 24hrs. Anyone else dealing with this?

Hi @Willuminattii. This certainly doesn’t sound normal. If you don’t receive a call within a reasonable amount of time, you can reach us on Facebook @Ring by sending us a private message.

I am having the same issue with the pro 2. Did you ever find a solution?

Someone from the executive support team called me. Her name was Britlyn. Very knowledgeable and informative. She says this is normal of the pro 2 because it’s hardwired. Supposedly they are in the process of getting this information to all the techs at ring. Mine gets really hot so it’s still in the back of my mind. But according to the experts, it’s normal.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.