Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Video Doorbell Pro 2 mechanical doorbell just stopped working
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
cs-support
I purchased and installed a Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2, a few months ago. The reason I went with this one was that I wanted to use my existing chime in the house (I don't have enough outlets as it is and don't want to have to plug in a chime and unplug something else.) I just noticed this morning that the doorbell in my house is no longer working. I have checked the voltage in "device health" in the app - and it shows as 17V and "good". I get a notification that "someone is at my door" but the chime inside the house will no longer work. This is extremely unsatisfactory. Why is this happening? How do I get this corrected - is the doorbell now defective??? If so how do I get a new one?

15-11-2023 07:06:40

Responses (2)

J
Hi @user62975. If the mechancial chime has stopped working with your Pro 2, try the following steps: - Reboot your Ring device using the Ring app. - Verify you have "mechanical" selected in your Doorbells In-Home Chime Settings. This option can be found in your Doorbells Device Settings. - Verify the [Pro Power Kit](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054675132-Installing-Your-Video-Doorbell-Pro-2) was correctly installed in your mechanical chime. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372) a call for further assistance.

17-11-2023 05:01:22

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

17-12-2023 05:01:53

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User