Video Doorbell Pro 2 - mechanical chime not working

Hi! I have installed my Video Doorbell Pro 2 as instructed:

• 16VAC transformer
  • 16VAC compatible chime (D117 Ding Dong)
  • Power Pro kit v3
  • Relevant settings in the app are

Unfortunately, the mechanical chime does not make any sounds when the button is pressed on the doorbell.
When I removed the Power Pro kt v3 then the chime rang as expected, but it was constantly buzzing and vibrating (due to the constant flow of electric current I presume).

I was wondering if anyone has any idea what may be the reason?

Did you ever figure out the issue? Iā€™m having the same exact problem.

1 Like

Unfortunately not. I have followed all the instructions and still nothing. The only thing that makes it work is removing the Power Pro kit but then I hear constant buzzing.

Hey neighbors. This is something our support team needs to look into. They can review some diagnostic information regarding your Ring Pro 2 and determine where the issue is stemming from. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Did Ring ever sort out this issue raised last summer? I just installed mine in Jan 2023 and have the same problem: mechanical chime not working when it had worked with my traditional doorbell.

Nope - still the same issue. Configuration in the app looks as expected. But no luck.

I have this problem. What there a resolution. I have a two story house with two mechanical chimes. The chime upstairs works. The chime on the first floor with the Ring Power Pro kit does not work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.