Video Doorbell Pro (1st Generation) doesn't hold a charge; need a replacement

If I remove it from the house and plug it into a micro-USB phone charger, I can get it to work.

If I unplug it from the charger, it stops working immediately.

Presumably the rechargeable battery has died.

Could someone please recommend a replacement? My house has a traditional doorbell – i.e. two wires at the front door, and when I short them, the doorbell rings.

I don’t know bit confused.

Hi @battey. If your Doorbell Pro is no longer powering up when hardwired, try the following steps:

• While connected to the wires, reboot your Pro by pressing and holding the setup button for 20–25 seconds.

• Power cycle your Pro by shutting off the power to it for a few minutes and powering it back on.

• Verify the wires going to your Pro have the proper amount of power to keep the Pro powered on.
    The power at the wires should be reading anywhere from 16 to 24 VAC. If you are not comfortable doing so, we recommend consulting a qualified electrician for help.

• Verify your Pro Power Kit is correctly installed in your chime.

We also do not recommend plugging your Pro into a micro-USB cable to troubleshoot it. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, you can reach out to our support team for further assistance. If you are looking for just a recommendation on what Doorbell to get as a replacement, I suggest looking into the same model or the Pro 2. We also have a Doorbell Wired, which is a lower-priced Doorbell that is only hardwired like the Pro models. It will not ring your existing chime, but you could purchase a Ring Chime to work with it. I hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.