Video doorbell Not Ringing, but live view works

My Ring video doorbell won’t “ring” when the button is pressed, nor will it be activated by motion.
However, ‘live view’ works fine.
All other settings in the app are fine. Ring is on, motion detect is on, enable notifications is on.
Have turned on live view via the app multiple times since, but while the live view works, still the doorbell won’t be activated by itself.
I’ve check all setting on my App, all still remains fine there. Battery’s Health is ok, connection is ok.
Did a hard reset. Still the same.
Won’t be activate by motion or button press. But the app can activate it.
I’ve also tried a hard reset then enter setup mode. Oddly, it will not enter ‘setup mode’ I have given it multiple attempts.
I am now a stumped.
Any help on what i should do next?

This is odd to head of, @Tisshin. Thank you for providing these details!

With these motion and ring events not notifying or activating, does your Video Doorbell Event History in the Ring app, or at Ring.com via web browser, reflect motion/ring recordings for these events (if subscribed to a Protect Plan)? Feel free to also include what type of mobile device(s) are being used here.

Hi @Marley_Ring
I am using iOS app on iphone11. With 1st gen Video doorbell, (other devices connected are Stickup cam and a chime - I am subscribed to protection plan).
Doorbell events in the app only show the live view I’ve activated via the app.
Motion - Motion events are not recorded in the events, and I don’t get a ‘windchime’ over the chime.
Rings - Pressing the ring button seems to do nothing, no lights on the device or chimes either.
It appears the doorbell only gets activated by the app, but not by itself (motion or ring)

Thanks

Any help here? What can I do?

Thanks for the update on this, @Tisshin! The best next step here will be to perform a reset on your Video Doorbell, by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once this step is complete, please reconnect your Ring device by following the steps in this help center article.

Most importantly, upon reconnecting please go through all motion settings for your Video Doorbell in the Ring app, and ensure the motion alert and ring alert toggles are enabled. As your live view events show up in event history, this is a great sign of successful connection and subscription. While it should not make a difference with recordings or events registering, please try out the Rapid Ring app as a test to see if the experience is different.

If none of the above helps to resolve this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Did anyone find a resolution for this? This JUST happened to me today and I am running into the exact scenario. I can see “Live View” but it is in Black and White. However, the ring button is NOT lit up and it will not rung when pressed. I tried to reset from the app, and it says that it did, but nothing changes.