a few weeks ago a group of kids was ringing multiple times (like 50?) and all was “fine” (hardwired bell was ringing as well). The next day, we first noticed that ringing again does show up in the app but did not hit the hardwired bell anymore. A quick “turn the Video Doorbell off and on again” seemed to make it work again at first.
However, a few days after, it happened again (hardwired bell stopped working) and I noticed that the Ring is not charging anymore. A reset did not work this time.
As the app works, we decided to monitor the situation a bit and saw that the Ring occasionally does charge (and than is able to hit the hardwired bell as well), but mostly does not.
- Bought Ring 2,5 years ago
- Is since then installed in a new build house (so everything is new, including wires)
- It was working without issues for 2,5 years after installation and doing its job hardwired and flawlessly activating the physical in-house bell
However, after extensive usage recently, it now
- Does charge only very occasionally (mostly running from battery if I check via app)
- Does not ring the physical bell anymore if its not charging
- Resetting helped once (but not after that)
- When it does not charge, I can bridge the contacts for the physical bell (like an analog ring would do) and the physical bell would ring as expected
Any tips on what might be wrong?