Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
M
Video doorbell live view not working
live-view
troubleshooting
I have moved to new house and I'm trying to set up my doorbell and floodlight cam. Both of them are on the same network and while the Floodlight's live view is working the Doorbell is not. Floodlight's RSSI is -63 Doorbells RSSI is -61 I have them both sitting on my desk next to me as I'm trying to connect the live view so the distance from modem is the same. Internet at this house is really fast so I don't think that's an issue. The walls are gyprock and I'm about 5 meters from the modem. Thanks for any help.

06-01-2022 03:54:07

Responses (1)

T
Hi @mm2. There are a few things to address here. With the RSSI value you shared, you can expect to have intermittent issues with Live View. This Community post [here](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229) explains RSSI values and Ring devices. You may want to get a Chime Pro to extend you WiFi signal and give you a lower RSSI. Next, you'll want to make sure you don't have an active VPN, as this conflicts with the Ring app. Let me know if this is helpful.

07-01-2022 05:33:16

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

U

user_3c8999

User