Video Doorbell doesn't start set up / no spinning

Hello,

I have a Ring Video doorbell 2. Until yesterday, I hadn’t used it for over a year as we were living abroad. Coming back home yesterday, I have reconnected the doorbell as I changed our WiFi password, and it worked fine.

However, since this morning the doorbell appears to be offline. Nothing really changed to the WiFi, the only thing I did was resetting the router.

I have gone through the set-up process many times, but nothing seems to work. Whatever I try, the video doorbell is not going into set up mode; after releasing the black button the light does not start to spin. I have restarted both modem and router, also not working. Even a hard reset doesn’t work! After holding for 15 seconds (or longer), the light is not flashing; I don’t think it is resetting.

The doorbell is 100% charges as it is hardwired.

Any help would be appreciated since this is not working at all.

1 Like

Hi there, @Jochem1! You’ve certainly taken all the right steps for this to work. The only thing I would add here, is to re-attempt a reset on the Doorbell. To perform a hard reset, please hold the setup button for 20 seconds. The light should flash a couple times upon resetting to indicate such.

As you mentioned it is fully charged, setup mode should indeed initiate.Although the light is not spinning as it should, try going through the setup in the Ring app anyways. If possible try setup on another mobile device also. This will confirm if the Ring AP is not broadcasting for the Ring app to attempt setup completion.

If none of the above steps lead to a successful setup, the next best step will be to get a closer look from our team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.