Video Doorbell 4 motion detection problems

I had an older version doorbell that worked perfectly. The Doorbell 4 has been nothing but trouble.

The doorbell frequently detects things that are far away from the door, like someone on the sidewalk.

It sometimes detects people who walk up to the door, but often it doesn’t detect them until they actually ring the bell.

It detects us when we leave the house.

Somehow, it never (and I mean never) detects delivery people leaving packages. I find out there’s a delivery when I get an email saying my package was delivered. But the doorbell never ever ever sees the delivery people.

I have tried all the usual things, like adjusting the zones and changing the sensitivity.

Today, someone came to the door & the doorbell detected them and gave us a motion alert just before they rang the bell. But two hours later I got an email telling me a package was delivered - the doorbell never knew it.

Good idea - I’ll try changing frequency. However, buying yet another camera to wake up this camera isn’t practical for me. I don’t have a long driveway or anything else that needs to be monitored.

I tried this. The increased frequency used the battery faster, but didn’t improve detection. Weirdly, it’s always delivery people who go undetected. I don’t think they are doing anything unusual. There is only one way to approach the front porch, no way to sneak in sideways. Yet deliveries are NEVER detected by the camera, and non-delivery visitors are detected only part of the time. It detects me, but I don’t need to be detected, since I already know I’m there.