Video doorbell 3 Plus speed of response

Recently installed and all works as advertised. BUT, there is quite a time lag of between the doorbell either detecting motion or someone pressing the button and the app responding on the phone. We have high speed fibre to be modem broadband and the local mobile 4G signal is strong.Wifi signal where the doorbell is located is weak. Can this be the reason?

I am getting the same issue with the orginal doorbell. It just doesn’t react quickly enough to going to live, to talk to a person. If it connects, which is rarely, the persona has normally left. It says my wifi to the device is ‘good’ and I have extenders around the home. My wired units connect, but this doesn’t…I think the unit is faulty, but cannot currently find a number to call anyone at the company…it just send me to these forums, which isn’t a solution. Not happy.

Hey neighbors! If your Ring Doorbell is showing that you have a poor or weak connection to the wifi network, this could cause a delay in the motion alerts or ding alerts to your phone. I recommend checking out our Help Center Article here which talks about RSSI and how to improve the wifi signal your device has. If you find that you have a good wifi signal and are experiencing a delay in getting a notification, please ensure your phone has a stable connection to the internet via data or wifi. In the event everything had a stable and good connection, you can follow up with our support team directly on this concern.

For this support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.