Video Doorbell 3 and Spotlight Cam

I have the ring doorbell 3 and I cannot get it to record people coming up to my door. I have changed the motion settings to multiple times. Turned on motion zones, turned up sensitivity, turned on advanced motion detection, turned on smart alerts, package zones, I have tried everything. Just recently I reset it to it’s original settings. I am only picking up cars driving past my house and cats at night. It is not picking up amazon dropping off packages or when I walk directly up to it to water my plants. NOTHING. How can I fix this? Spending too much money on cameras and yearly subscriptions for nothing to work. Same with my driveway spotlight camera. Someone broke into all of our vehicles and it did not record until they had already went through both cars. Started recording as they shut my door and ran off. NOT HAPPY!

Hi @Sarahk. Those were good troubleshooting steps to try and help resolve motion detection issues for both your Doorbell and Camera. You also want to look into how high you mounted your devices. The Doorbell should be mounted about four or four and a half feet up from the ground. The Camera should be about seven or eight feet above the ground. If you have already verified this and are still having the same concern, the next best step would be to reach out to our support team to further investigate both your Ring devices and work towards a solution with you. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.