Video Doorbell 3 and Solar Charger issue

I’ve got a Ring Video Doorbell 3, Chime Pro and a solar charger. The setup seems correct as I can see the solar charger is connected on the device health section. Although it’s receiving direct sunlight, doesn’t charge. It’s been 1 week and no chance.

I have checked the other topics in the community board but couldn’t find any solution.

What would you suggest?

Thank you

Hi there @abdullahceylan. Thanks for mentioning that you’ve reviewed some of the other topics on the Community to see if you could find a solution that works for you. I did want to point out that in your screenshot it is showing the RSSI is quite high. The RSSI is a measure of the signal strength that your Video Doorbell 3 has to your wifi network. When this signal is on the weaker side, this can impact the battery life of the device, so a good first step to try would be to attempt to improve that signal. We have a Community Post on RSSI here, which also links out to a Help Center Article that will give you some tips on improving the signal. Let me know if this has any change for you. :slight_smile:

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring
Thanks for your reply. Regarding the Wifi signal, it’s variable but mostly the signal strength is very good. It might be a stupid question but, what’s the relation between the Wifi signal and the solar charger’s charging issue? I couldn’t understand:)

Thanks

@abdullahceylan A variable or high RSSI can impact the battery life as the battery may drain more quickly with your Doorbell trying to maintain that connection. Ultimately if this concern persists even if you stabilize this connection, I would recommend reaching out to our support team so they can help explore this further to see what may be going on. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. :slight_smile: