Video Doorbell 2nd generation and battery

Video Doorbell 2nd generation just recently bought and I also purchased a

Quick Release Battery Pack. I now think the battery is not suitable for this phone is that correct?

I cannot hardwire the doorbell. So what other options do I have please? Am new to this so apologies.

Thanks

Karen

Hi @Baxellk. The Video Doorbell 2nd Generation does not have a removable quick-release battery, as it has a built-in battery that can be recharged. In this case, you can still use the Doorbell 2nd Generation without an existing doorbell circuit to wire it to, but you may want to reach out to our support team to return the Quick Release Battery Pack, as it is not compatible. You can also review the installation process for the Doorbell 2nd Generation without an existing doorbell circuit in our Help Center Article here.

You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: