Video Doorbell (2nd Gen) I cannot see any video on computer browser or Android app

Does this Gen 2 doorbell battery always get power from the a/c power? My Video Doorbell (2nd Generation) battery is discharging even with my 12v ac supply is connected and powered up. I have had the doorbell installed for over one year now and the battery condition has always shown as full until yesterday when I got the critical low battery alarm. I would have thought that the a/c power that is used by the doorbell push would trick charge the installed battery all the time. It seems that this is not the case and my battery is now fully discharged. I have removed the doorbell and am recharging it via the USB socket. Is there a fault with this battery if it is not being trickle charged via the a/c power? Can anyone help to explain?

Hi @IAIN_G_C. When you hardwire a battery operated doorbell, it serves as a trickle charge to your battery. This allows for a greater time in between battery charges. You can learn more about this relationship in the Help Center article here. I hope this information helps!

1 Like

Thanks for your information. I can understand how the power source works now… My main problem is that the ring doorbell was working fine for the past 10 months when I installed it BUT since Wednesday 5th May 2021 the Camera Capture is not working on my App or on my Computer Browser. I cannot get a Live View or records of my past views since 5th May. I have done everything I can with troubleshooting but nothing works. I know the camera is working because I get some alerts (not on the App). The system does not ring my 2 RING Chimes even although they are activated on the App. If the doorbell is rung the Chimes do not operate. The system told me it was installing an update to the firmware but still I have the same fault. This is a serious issue that needs to be resolved. Please help.

Hi @IAIN_G_C. Thank you for updating me with that information. It sounds like this concern would be best resolved by our support team. They will be able to look at your account and determine the next best steps.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.