Video doorbell 2

I am just setting up a new doorbell and I should be able to charge the battery via the two wire from the existing internal doorbell, which is a Byron776 electromechanical 'dingdong ’ Although the Ring doorbell works, the Byron unit doesn’t. It is on the compatible list. I have measured the voltage across the doorpush wire and it is 15 volts ac. This is confusing as the Byron unit is supposed to be 8volts. Any assistance please .?

Hi @DaveCl. I would make sure that your settings in the Ring App reflect the correct chime kit. You can do this in the Ring App by selecting- Menu > Devices > (Ring Doorbell) > Device Settings > General Settings > Internal Doorbell Settings. Try changing it to reflect Mechanical or None. Also, trying unmounting the Doorbell and use the Ring Screwdriver to bridge the terminals on the back of the Doorbell together. This should cause your chime to ring. If it doesn’t, you’ll need to contact our support team.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.