Video Doorbell 2 won't reset

Our Video Doorbell 2 worked fine for about 3 months but now has lost connection with the internet and won’t reset. It is hardwired to the old doorbell wiring which shows 15VAC. The doorbell still rings when you push the button. When I push and hold the black reset button the white lights go out for a few seconds but then they just come back solid white, they don’t flash like it is resetting. I removed the battery and charged just in case, but the same thing still happens.

Hey @mdavis0424. The reset process as you described it is indeed correct, and you will not see flashing. Since you have it hardwired, the light will be white to indicate that it’s getting power from the Doorbell setup. Once the button is released after the reset, the lights that were once out should come back as you described it. When you go into the Device Health section for the Doorbell, are you able to reconnect to wifi by tapping on the Reconnect to Wifi option? The app should report the device as offline since it’s not working as you described it, so let me know what part of the in-app setup you get stuck at if it still won’t reconnect this way! :slight_smile:

Yes, the app says the doorbell is offline. Reconnect to wifi just says it is offline and wont reconnect.

@mdavis0424 Are you unable to finish the setup when attempting to Reconnect to Wifi? Feel free to take a screenshot or let me know in more detail where you are getting stuck at so I can help further!

When I click “reconnect to wifi” it asks if I changed the wifi password. If I answer no it tells me to try resetting the router. I did this but it still does not connect to wifi. If I answer yes then it tells me to hold the reset button for 15 seconds. The app tells me that the lights on the doorbell should start flashing but they don’t flash, they go out for a few seconds then come back on solid. If I continue the app tries to connect but just times out and asks if the lights on the doorbell are flashing. If I say no it goes back to where it tells me to hold the reset button for 15 seconds. If I say yes it goes back and tries to connect but times out.

@mdavis0424 Thank you so much for detailing that! It seems you are indeed stuck in this loop since the device will not behave as it should. One last thing I would recommend is to try reconnecting the device through a different device’s Ring app, like another phone or tablet that you can log into. If it still fails this way, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.