Video Doorbell 2/Ring Alarm

When accessing the Ring App to arm the Ring Alarm it triggers the chime for the Ring Doorbell 2. I found nothing outside causing the camera to detect motion.

Hey @mike17. Does it trigger the Chime you have plugged in (if you have a Chime), your internal chime kit, or the Doorbell itself chimes? Do you see any event in your event history for the time this chimes as well?

It does trigger the plugged in chime and shows in history as motion at front door. This happens when I either access the Ring app or arm the Ring alarm.

@mike17 Thanks for clearing that up for me! If the Chime is reporting that there is motion at your front door, is this every time, despite here being no motion? The Chime should only be going off for corresponding events, and it’s possible you had an event when doing this. If this is a common occurrence and you have verified that there is no motion at the door when this happens, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.