Video Doorbell 2 People only Mode

My video doorbell 2 which is battery powered at my front door Is about 5 weeks old and has recently been detecting cars passing by and saying there is a person at my door. This is something new as of a week ago. The battery life is in the 30% and I’ll be charging it soon. I have also removed the doorbell from the app and reinstalled it. I also had to connect it to a Wifi extender because it starting getting poor WiFi (fixed it). Any reason the erroneous people only mode has started occurring? TIA!

Hi @mvrippo! This is likely being caused by reflection from the vehicles. Check out our help center article about people only mode which states, “occasionally when in People Only Mode, light reflection, as from an outside window, can activate motion detection. If you’re getting a lot of unwanted notifications look for reflective surfaces that may be shining light onto your device.”.

Of course, the reflection from vehicles is going to be hard to avoid, but you might be able to alter some settings or even mounting angle to avoid this. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: