Video Doorbell 2 Not Detecting Motion at Night

We installed the video doorbell 2 the first week of June, and it detected motion at night. After June 29, it stopped detecting anything once it starts getting dark. We have seen people walk across our yard at night where it should detect their motion. It still works during the day, and I’ve been through all of the settings and troubleshooting. Any ideas or is it just defective?

Mine doesn’t work either which is frustrating as we have installed it to catch the person vandalising our property at night. I’ve gone to video settings but there is no night vision mentioned.

Hey neighbors. Your Ring Video Doorbell will detect motion as long as it is connected to your wifi network, and your Motion Zones have been set up. Please verify that your Motion Zones cover the areas you want to be notified about motion in, and check your Modes settings to ensure you have not turned motion detection off during a particular Mode. If you have, this would prevent your Doorbell from detecting motion when you have that Mode selected. You can also trigger a test event at night, after verifying your settings, by walking up to your front door. If the Doorbell detects you, then your settings should be correct moving forward.

One other factor to consider is the wifi signal strength. A weak or unstable signal could impact the Doorbell’s ability to detect motion reliably. You can learn more about wifi signal strength and how to check it here. If these concerns persist after you’ve run through all the settings and checked the signal, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.