I’ve had my ring Video Doorbell 2 Cam for over a year now and since it was installed it’s frequently losing connection with the wifi and will never re-establish, leaving it offline for the majority of it’s life. I feel the longest it’s ever been running non-stop is about a month, then I’ll need to open up, reset it and re-establish wifi all over again.
Here’s my current setup:
- Wifi AP is 1 metre away from the doorbell
- Doorbell has assigned static IP in DHCP, but have tried with a non-static as well
- No other conflicting networks - system is on a mesh, but have tried without the mesh as well
- Doorbell is hardwired and I have tried switching to two separate batteries
- Wifi is 1gigabit, with ample bandwidth for the device itself - we never hit our ingress/egress caps
- Wifi is Wifi6/5G - 2.4 to 5.2ghz
- We’ve tried with two different routers
- No other device in the house exhibits this behaviour
- Wifi is secured with WPA-2 Personal (AES)
I’m at my wits end - does anyone have any advice or how I can report a faulty device?