Video Doorbell 2 infra red/Night Vision

Hi, about a week ago my Video Doorbell 2 stopped switching to infrared when it got dark. There is a light opposite my house that has been there since i got the ring and not been an issue, however if I stand in front of the light over the road, the IR comes on.

Has Ring changed the sensitivity or has my VD2 developed a fault? Anyone else noticed or had similar? It seemed to coinside with the enhanced motion zones being activated…

Thanks.
D

Ours is doing this too. It’s a generation 1.

We have not changed anything and worse there is not even any light shing on ours or near it so we can’t see anything when it gets dark.

Does anyone working at Ring.com have any info. as effectively this is useless now otherwise.

Hi neighbors! I would suggest a reset of your Ring Doorbell. You can do this by pressing and holding the orange setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing. After 1 minute has passed, go ahead and reconnect to wifi. If this doesn’t yield any positive results for your IR night vision, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply. I did the reset yesterday and last night I had the same. If I put sunglasses over the light sensor, it kicks in so either the sensor has gone into overdrive or something in the software has tweaked the sensitivity.

I shall get in touch with support.

1 Like

I am also having the same issue of the night infrared lights are no longer working when motion is sensed and recorded. This issue also started the other week for myself. The reset did not fix this new issue. If this can’t be fixed there will be no reason to renew our recording subscription fee/service that is due next month.