Video doorbell 1 battery draining although wired

Hi,

I have a video doorbell 1 and it has been working fine until 2 weeks ago when the problems started.

The doorbell itself is wired with and AC connection.

First my chimes were not responding to the doorbell itself although everything was well connected to the wifi (RSI-37 to 54).

Multi reconnections were needed for them to work again…

Than, the doorbell’s battery started to drain quit rapidly to the point I had to charge it up, which never had happened it the last 2 years that we had this.

Everything is, at the moment, well connected again (don’t dare to move the chimes…) but as I can see in the app, the battery of the doorbell is draining.

When I charged the battery, it only went up to 90% and in less than 1 week went down to 77% which will give about 1,5 month before a charge is needed again.

This doesn’t seem like normall operation and I am wondering if the doorbell is at the end of it’s life span (which is a bit fast in my point of view).

So, what can I do?

Do I need to change the doorbell since the battery of the series 1 cannot be changed?

And if so, is the wifi stronger in the doorbell series 3?

Also, is the form factor the same of the series 3 to the series 1 (the doorbell is mounted on a plate and would like to re-use it)

Please any advise would be appreciated.

Thx,

Hi @Egon. For this, a reset and a fresh setup of the Doorbell may correct any battery concerns. Hardwiring the Doorbell will provide it with a trickle charge, and as long as you’re not receiving a large number of motions, dings, or Live Views each day, it should help keep the battery topped off. You can hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds on the Doorbell to reset it, but I’d recommend fully charging it with the included charging cable first. After that, you can take it through a new setup by following the steps under Set Up a Device in the Ring App.

If it still doesn’t register as being hardwired and the battery continues to drain after these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at your device and account and offer more advanced troubleshooting support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: