Very Weird Things Happenning

I have my Ring Video Doorbell since 2015 and all was OK until past week. Since then my Ring is completely weird !

There is a week or two ago my video transmission does not occurs anymore.

Past week I put it to charge and in two days it have no more battery.

Then I charged again and two more days and no batery.

(I changed nothing in configuration before or after these two events and I haven´t live preview set)

In the past night I charged it again. A hole night, and now (6:30a.m.) I install it again and no response from front button press.

Then I took it, delete from Ring App and do a complete reinstall…

My Chime detected it and says its ok, but when I press the front button the Chime does not ring and I can´t see video transmission.

The APP says my firware was updating and I stayed waiting until the lights stops flashing.

Now when I press the front button are no response, nor the ring plays, nor the chime plays, nor I can see video of my front door.

It´s Ring version 1 and I don´t know what to do anymore.

Can anyone help please ?

Hi @ctenov. Thank you for sharing details on what steps you’ve taken so far and how those have worked for you. Based on your post, you’ve gone through most of the basic troubleshooting steps so far. In this case, I would recommend that you reach out to our support team so they can take a deeper look into this for you. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: