Very poor video quality after camera update

My Ring security alarm system and cameras updated about one week ago after I had to reboot everything due to connectivity issues; ever since then my indoor cameras have extremely poor picture quality and recordings are the same; there’s serious noise and light levels flash up and down on screen.

This affects my home security as video footage is useless and could not be used to identify anybody, not even my family it’s that poor.

Nothing has changed at home other than my devices being rebooted and updating. My download speed is 33.mbps and upload is 8.8mbps according to the speed test accessible via the Ring App.

Anybody else having this issue or have a fix please?

Hi @MrMac777. What is the RSSI reading on your Indoor Cam? You can learn more about RSSI in our Community Post here, as a high RSSI can cause poor video quality. Additionally, I would recommend resetting it completely by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that, you’ll need to set it back up in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. Let me know if this improves the video quality for you.

RSI on the two indoor cameras is 62 and 47. I’ve done the reset so I’ll update you later thank you.