Very frustrated with new cameras

I am new to Ring. I have an indoor camera and an outdoor stick-up cam battery with solar panel
The indoor cam picks up motion and sends me a notification, but no video appears in the event history. The outdoor cam also sends a notification for movement, but the video is just black.
I can’t activate either camera on live.
A copy of days ago some of these features worked, but never all of them. It’s the same of I view from the website.
They both ping successfully
I have redone the setup on both, even removed both cams and started over.
When I tested the WiFi the download was around 10 and upload around 4. It is worse now, but even with those figures the problems were the same.
I have snapshot activated on both, set at 3 minutes.
How do I get these things to work reliably?
I intend to install them on a farm far away where I will not be able to physically attend to them for months. The internet there is about 4 download and 1.3 upload
When I had only the indoor cam for a few days that seemed to work okay

Hey @049derek. For the black video concern, you can check out our Help Center Article here for more information on how to troubleshoot these devices. Although, I would like to point out that the devices need a minimum of 1 Mpbs upload and download, and then a recommend 2 Mpbs upload and download to have a stable connection and quality. Since at the highest, you upload is 4 Mpbs, it’s possible that since the number is very low, this is why the videos aren’t turning out well or the Live View is not pulling up, as both of these actions require that upload speed.

Once you move these devices to the location you would like for them to be in, I suspect that they either will not work, fall offline, or show the same concerns you have now, even in the event you get this addressed now. I would recommend calling your ISP first to see if it’s possible to up your speeds to see if this helps. Since I assume there are other devices in the home connected to your internet, it’s important to note that other devices in the home may be using the upload/download speed as well. Therefore, even with the 4 Mpbs upload speed that you got at the best possible time, this could be being used by other devices, and thus reducing the quality/abilities of the Ring devices.

Hi

I have read that article, it didn’t help. I see from the voting it also didn’t help other people.

I now removed both devices from the app, and switched off the indoor device. I also did a factory reset on the outdoor cam. I then reinstalled the outdoor cam.

My speeds are 12,57 download and 5,43 upload.

The outdoor cam still succesfully detects and notifies movement, and sends a notification.

But the video is still black, and I still cannot activate live.

Will it help to uninstall and reinstall the app? How do get totally to the begining - complete factory reset of everything? Because at least the indoor cam used to work. When I did the reinstall of the outdoor cam it still knew its previous wifi setting so removing the device from the app and doing a factory reset on the camera didn’t wipe all memory.

Right now I have spent a lot of money on stuff that is not working. My internet more that exceeds the requirements for one camera, and the signal strength reported on the health report is green at -39.

Please help

@049derek Thanks for getting back to me on this concern! At this point, I do recommend reaching out to our support team for the advanced support you need so that they can take a look into these particular devices for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes for you! :slight_smile: