VDB 2020 release and DC transformer?

Hello, I was hoping you could clarify something for me.

On the product page for the video doorbell (2020 release) you say, under power and connectivity tech specs:

“Can be hardwired to an existing doorbell system or transformer for continuous charging (8-24 VAC, 40VA max, 50/60Hz)
No halogen or garden-lighting transformers; no DC transformer/power supply

But, you make a product called “Plug-In Adapter (2nd Generation)” which you say it works with “Video Doorbell - 2020 Release”, but under that products power and connectivity tech specs you say the power output is “24VDC, 0.5A, 12.0W”

So my question is, if you can’t use a DC transformer for the ring video doorbell 2020 release, why do you sell a DC transformer for it?

Hi @Chadlew.Thanks for your feedback! The Plug-In Adapter (2nd Generation) is specifically designed to work with the listed Doorbell models. This is different than using a DC transformer or a different brand of power adapter, as we cannot guarantee those will work since they are not specifically designed to. This can result in damage to your Doorbell if you were to try and use a DC transformer or a non-ring DC power adapter, which we want to avoid. I hope that helps answer your questions! :slight_smile: