Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
L
VD3+ lost connection twice now in 2 days…
connectivity
troubleshooting
hardwired-battery-video-doorbell
So I didn’t notice, Ring didn’t inform me that my VD3+ wasn’t connected, happened to wonder why wasn’t getting any notifications. It had lost connection said, wouldn’t reconnect, so I removed and reinserted the same battery and connected fine, with 70% battery. Next day I thought I’d check, Ring again didn’t inform me, should there not be a notification to say it hasn’t been seen/connected after so many hours? Did the same, removed and reinserted the same battery and connected again. This is with same WiFi I’ve used for years and nothing has changed.

23-04-2022 11:34:25

Responses (11)

M
Check out your [RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229), to ensure for optimal wifi signal. I recommend also checking the Wifi Channel being used, in which the 2.4 Ghz connection will often provide the more dependable connection. Rebooting your wifi router can also help the network in general.

25-04-2022 04:27:09

L
Hi, the point being nothing has changed, and it dropped twice in 2 days and I didn’t realise for a while on both times. I didn’t reboot my router, I removed and reinserted the battery and it’s been up again for 3 days now, so it wasn’t my router, and also everything else connected on the router was fine. Doesn’t bode well, why can’t Ring device tell me it’s offline via a notification, email etc after it hasn’t responded for hours?

26-04-2022 06:54:00

L
Well again it’s gone off again, and I hadn’t realised again, been off for 2 days!?! It must be faulty. As soon as I remove and reinsert battery it works again for a bit, nothing on my WiFi has changed. Very disappointed with it, also the battery only last 1 month anyway…

29-04-2022 07:04:27

G
Im having the same issue with mine. I have removed it reinstalled it it only comes back on if you remove the battery and put it back in

29-04-2022 07:33:24

L
Is yours a VD3+ as well? Nothing changed on your network either? I’m wondering if a firmware update has landed that isn’t good. This isn’t on, I can’t get to my bell at moment so lost all the functions of it as well.

29-04-2022 08:04:47

U
After over a year I've been having the same issue with the same device for over 5 days. Nothing has changed. I have to take the battery out and put it back in for it to reconnect.

01-05-2022 04:05:49

U
Same thing has just started happening to me. No change to the Wi-Fi, had the VD3 for over a year and also a stick up Cam. VD3 keeps losing connection, take battery out and reinsert and it’s fine for a few hours then goes offline again. At the same time Stick up cam stays connected and is further away from the router and from the Chime. Must be a Ring issue. Have you updated the firmware and introduced an issue?

01-05-2022 09:29:52

M
I have had the same problem for a few days now. I have connected the Video Doorbell 3 Plus with the solar module. The Chime Pro is about 2 meters away from the doorbell - so far there were never problems - but recently I have the same problem as you.

02-05-2022 01:29:47

L
Replaced with a fully charged battery. Less than 2 days and now off again. What is going on here? It’s so frustrating and counter productive to it being a security device. I have a wired ring spotlight and that’s never dropped off, both on same WiFi. Lost all faith in Ring now. It drops off but now is off for days, either without me realising, or the fact that I can’t get to it. Doesn’t even let me know in the app, text, email that the bell is offline for say 12+ hours

03-05-2022 11:16:03

L
Did a factory reset on Tues, put a fully charged battery in at same time. All working….for a day, it’s now disconnected again, and I can’t get to change battery yet. It’s broke….must be.

05-05-2022 03:35:03

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User