V1 Doorbell keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Hi,

My V1 Doorbell has recently taken to connecting and disconnecting every 2 minutes. I also have a Pro and it behaves fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

Hey @PGordash. Could you try removing the Doorbell from your account, resetting the Doorbell by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, and then re-setting up the Doorbell on your account? From there, monitor the activity as you have and ensure that is not disconnecting/reconnecting constantly! :slight_smile:

Hi Chelsea,

I did the reset. It was ok for about 10 minutes and then went back into this connect/disconnect loop.

I did notice that this disconnect/reconnect only happens when I hook the doorbell to power. I measured the voltage at the doorbell and it has 26vac. I left the doorbell on battery and it did not do the disconnect/reconnect.

I am in Canada and the doorbell has seen -40C temperatures since 2016.

Thanks,

Paul

Hey @PGordash. I think I have have nailed it down for us! As according to this article, when it comes to wiring a Doorbell to a transformer, the transformer’s output can range from 8-24 V AC. Since you have an output of 26 V AC, the Doorbell may be disconnecting from the excessive power to the device. I recommend to leave it off for now, and maybe look into a Chime or Chime Pro, as it seems the output from the existing chime kit is too much.

I had to upgrade my transformer for the Ring Pro to a higher VA one. I’ve included a picture of the transformer. It is a 24V 40VA unit. My measurement may have been off.

Do you offer a trade-up program? The Pro works flawlessly.

Thanks,

Paul

PGordashh Oh great, thank you for verifying that the transformer didn’t over power it! It seems the measurement may have been a bit off, totally fine. If you can, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread ofCOVIDD-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response toCOVIDD-19 here to see how to contact support. Once you call them about the current Doorbell disconnecting, please ask them about the option for trade-ins! Let me know how the call goes and what you end up doing. :slight_smile: