Using Ring to control Electric Door Lock strikes (9v)

I use a Ring Video Doorbell 3, hardwired to my existing low-voltage chime. Works great.
I also want to connect my Ring system to my existing low-voltage (9v) Electronic Door Lock Strike, as an accessory. I’d like to be able to Manually send a signal remotely from my Ring app to activate the existing Door Lock; this needs to be an approx 5 seconds 9v signal (ON for 5 seconds then OFF).
How can I accomplish this?
(Note: I don’t want the Ring Door Button or Motion activation to send the 9V 5sec signal and unlock my house without my knowing. I wish to be able to choose from the App or an accessory remote button to send a relayed 9V 5sec signal which releases the existing door latch. )
Thank you all for your suggestions,
MartiniSF

Hi @MartiniSF. This is not a supported feature in the Ring app. Currently, you can find the smart locks that are compatible with the Ring here, which are Z-Wave smart locks that can integrate with the Ring Alarm. You’re welcome to add your suggestion to our Feature Request board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

@MartiniSF I want to do the exact same thing. Did you figure it out?

-Adam.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.