Using ring spotlight camera siren as alarm siren?

Hi, we have a ring spotlight cam and also a ring floodlight cam, would it be possible to use the built in sirens with the ring alarm?

This is indeed possible with Linked Devices. Your Cameras can be linked with your Alarm to sound their sirens when the Alarm siren is triggered. Learn how to set this up and tips on using this feature by visiting the Community Post below :slight_smile:

Thank you, that’s exactly what i was looking for :+1:t4:

1 Like

The hyperlink for linking device in the article mentioned by the help center person above does not work anymore. To set up your Spotlight Cam Plus / Pro to trigger the siren when your base station is alarming do this:

To link one Ring device to another, follow these instructions:

From the RIng app main screen:

• Tap the three-lined icon in the upper-left hand side of the screen to open the side menu.
  • Tap Devices.
  • Tap Alarm Base Station .
  • Tap Base Station.
  • Tap Linked Devices.
  • Tap Alarm Sounding.
    Select options listed that you want to activate for your spotlight camera. Right icon listed that looks like this “!” is for making the siren sound when triggered from the base station(will turn red if you enabled this feature).

By the way to Ring as feedback. I contacted your support center twice and was told there was no way to make the siren trigger from base station. Might want to educate your people. The only way I learned how to do it was from this guys blog post:

Can Ring’s Smart Cameras Trigger Ring Alarm? - Smart Home Point