Using Ring Doorbell as a Wildlife Camera

I live in a natural area, and I have installed a ring doorbell at my back door in the hopes that it will detect wildlife movement in my backyard. I’ve noticed on a couple of occasions, animals have come through but the camera did not alert me of the movement. Is there any way to adjust the camera or settings to specifically detect wildlife and animals?

Hey @marnieo. Do you know if you have settings like Motion Verification or People Only Mode turned on? I recommend checking in on your Smart Alert and/or Motion Settings to ensure these features are turned off if available on your device, and maxing out the sensitivity to ensure it picks up the most wildlife possible!

P.S. I would love to see some of these videos, so please feel free to share here! :slight_smile: When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated.