Use abroad

Use abroad

I monitor my cams for my disabled wife.
Can I use abroad in our holiday villa with its WiFi?
Do I need to delete them from my WiFi at home when I disconnect them?
Thanks.

Hey @Chris6. You definitely can do this! The next time you’re at your holiday villa home, you can connect the camera to your wifi network there. You will go into the Ring app > main menu > Devices > Camera > Device Health and Reconnect/Change Wifi Network. This will walk you through a new setup of the camera so that you can set it up to connect to that wifi network. Once connected, you will put it up wherever you need it and then you can view it at any time in the Ring app as long as the wifi at the villa home is stable!

Hi, I’ve got a holiday. I have Ring set up in UK, but I bought a full set of parts to install it abroad. My worry is that the cellular backup will not work as the sim card might be UK only? I assume that if I had bought the base unit from Italy the sim card would be ok? How can I make this work? Will the simcard from the UK base unit work? Or would I need to replace it with an Italian one? Do Ring supply this so I can swap it? Or would a pay as you go Italian sim card also work?

Hi @AshGaunt. Is this for the Ring Alarm system? If so, try creating a post in the UK Security Systems board to get answers related to the Ring Alarm system.