Has anyone else had a problem trying to update your payment info? I’ve been trying for a couple of days already but it keeps rejecting my debit card. It’s getting frustrating. There’s no issues with my card on my end, works fine at the store, I have $$ so that’s not an issue either.
Hi @Tc77. Have you tried updating the payment method on a different web browser to see if you get the same error? Also, if you’ve moved or changed addresses recently, it may be worth it to check with your bank and make sure that your billing address matches up correctly. If everything looks good there and the payment method is still being rejected, please reach out to our support team so they can help get this resolved for you. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.
Unfortunately, I do NOT have a specific solution to your problem. I can, however, provide some things to consider:
- Has the debit card EVER worked for ONLINE subscription purposes?
- Has the debit card expired?
- Is this an international purchase?
- Are you attempting to use a “gift card” type debit card… rather than one that is tied to your personal information?
- Do the debit card credentials you entered match the ones associated with your debit card account?
- Have you checked with the debit card issuer to determine if their fraud prevention software has (automatically) declined any “pre-authorization hold” (or other) activity by the purchasing platform?
- Is the purchasing platform software attempting to trick you into lowering your browser security (perhaps, without displaying any error messages)?
You may want to keep in mind:
- Debit cards are typically more dangerous to use than credit cards.
- Security experts warn against providing debit card (or credit card) information over the phone.
- If you call Ring support, there is presumably a high probability that you are speaking to someone in a foreign country
When you determine the source of your problems, I hope you will post the solution here (to save other Ring Community members from the wasted time and frustration you encountered).